Watch our instruction video:
What are the minimum requirements for tablet/smartphone?
You will need a smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android) to work with the EMDR Kit.
iPhone 6s/iPad 4th generation or up
Make sure the latest version of iOS is installed on your device.
For Android there are also additional minimum system requirements:
CPU speed: 1,6 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Make sure the latest version of Android is installed on your device.
We have tested the EMDR kit Wireless with many different devices. However, we can not guarantee that it works on every device as some manufacturers save on the parts of their phone or tablet such as the bluetooth module. We advise against using a HUAWEI device to work with the EMDR Kit.
If you have doubts about whether your tablet / phone meets the requirements, feel free to contact us.
Can I order the pulsators seperately?
What are the prices in USD or GBP?
For a list of the estimated USD and GBP Prices, see the pricelist on the shop page.
What are the differences between the EMDR Kit Classic and the EMDR Kit Wireless?
On this page you can read about the differences between the EMDR Kit Classic and the EMDR Kit Wireless.
Are batteries included/needed?
No additional batteries are needed. There is an internal battery within the Light Tube, Pulstaors and Headphone which you can charge with an adapter that is included with the product.
How does charging work?
You can charge the Light Tube with the included charger. Just plug the charger into the Light Tube so it can start charging. The Pulsators are charged in the dockingstations positioned in the base of the Light Tube. They will charge when the charger is attached to the Light Tube. The Headphone can also be charged with a charger.
Does the set work with other voltages?
We provide power adapters or converters specifically for your country so you can be sure you can work with it in your country.
We do not charge anything extra for this service.
Can multiple users work with one EMDR Kit?
Yes, this is possible. Everyone can download the EMDR Kit app and use any EMDR Kit. Once an EMDR Kit is connected with your device it can not connect with another device (from a colleague) at the same time. When you close the app on your device it will become available again for other devices to connect with.
Do I need a WIFI / internet connection?
No. After downloading the app no WIFI or internet connection is required to work with the EMDR Kit.
How are the different parts synchronized?
Can I work without a smartphone or tablet?
This is not possible. The EMDR kit is controlable with the EMDR Kit app, which only works on a smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android).
Is the height of the EMDR kit adjustable?
No. We recommend to use the EMDR Kit with a side table if you use it in a situation where you are seated at a desk or table.
Which side table can I use?
In our own practice we all do the therapy sessions seated at a table. But if you are working from a seat, you could use a side table. In our video’s and pictures, the IKEA SVARTÅSEN is used. This table is compact, adjustable in height and available in black and white.
Is a bag included with the set?
The bag is not included as a standard because many therapists work in the same office every day and do not travel with the EMDR Kit. Therefore a bag would be redundant and a waste of material and space. So we chose to not add it as a standard and let people decide for themselves if they need it or not.
Can I use the EMDR Kit Wireless with a laptop?
No. The app is designed for usage with a Apple or Android phone or tablet.
The pulsators do not charge well, what can i do?
There can be some dust/dirt in the contactpoints of the pulsators and dockingstations. You can remove this with the use of a wipe with some alcohol. Please do not use too much alcohol.
How do I download the app?
• Open the Play store.
• Search for ‘EMDR Kit’ in the searchbar.
• Select the EMDR Kit app.
• Click on INSTALL to install the app. The download and installation will start.
• Open the app. IF asked, please allow:
Open the App store.
• Search for ‘EMDR Kit’ in the searchbar.
• Select the EMDR Kit app.
• Click on GET / DOWNLOAD to download and install the app.
• Open the app. Als dat wordt gevraagd, geef dan toestemming voor:
How do I connect the Light tube?
• Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON on your device and that the parts are charged.
• Make sure the Light Tube is turned ON (switch on the foot of light tube with ‘1’ pressed down).
• Open the EMDR Kit app.
• Click on the ‘CONNECT’ button in the app.
• Press on ‘Choose Light Tube’
• Choose the (strongest) signal of the Light Tube that appears in the list.
How can I connect the Pulsators?
• Shake the pulsators. This will activate them and they will be able to connect. The Lights on the Pulsators will flash blue, indicating they are ready to connect. The Pulsators will be able to connect for a period of 30 seconds. After that they will shut down again. If not succesful within 30 seconds, shake the pulsators to activate them again.
• Click on the CONNECT button in the top left corner of the screen.
• Click on the option ‘Choose Pulsator 1’.
• Select one of the Pulsators with the strongest Bluetooth signal indicated by the green bars.
• Then click on ‘Choose Pulsator 2’.
• Select the other Pulsator.
• The Pulsators are now connected. To verify if the Pulsators are connected, take them out of the dockingstations. When connected, the lights on the Pulsators turn a stable Blue.
How can I connect the Headphone?
To connect with the Headphone, follow these steps:• Hold the button on the Headphone for 7-8 seconds until the ligh around the button starts flashing blue and red. The Headphone is now ready to connect.• For Android users: Press CONNECT in the top left corner of the app. Press on: ‘Choose Headphone’. Then Click on OPEN BLUETOOTH SETTING.
• For iOS users: Close the app, open settings and then open Bluetooth settings.• Select the EMDR Kit Headphone in the list ‘My devices’. When the Headphone is connected, the text ‘connected’ will appear next to it.
• Click on the back button located on the phone to return to the app or close the settings and open the app normally.
Can I prevent incoming calls during therapy?
When working with the EMDR kit app, we recommend putting your tablet or smartphone in ‘flightmode’, so you will not get interrupted during your therapy. Note that bluetooth has to work. So when putting your smartphone or tablet in flightmode, turn bluetooth on again.
I am having trouble connecting with the EMDR Kit. What steps can i take?
- Keep in mind to put the Pulsators in the dockingstation when connecting. When having problems connecting, connect the adapter to the Light tube.
- Do you have the latest version of the app? We recommend to remove the app and download it again every now and then to ensure you have the latest version.
- Did you charge the pulsators in the dockingstations? Please make sure the Light tube and headphone are connected to the charger and the pulsators are in the dockingstations before following the next steps:
- Are the lights on the pulsators red (pulsing) or green when they are fully charged, when you put them in the dockingstations? If not, let us know.
- Start the app and go to the Connect menu (top left corner), press on ‘choose light tube’ and then press on RESET ALL.
- Now, shut down the app completely. On an apple device you can do this by pressing twice on the home button of the device and then swipe the EMDR Kit away so that it is shut down. On an android device, press on the icon with a square or multiple squares in the bottom menu on your device. Close the EMDR Kit app.
- Now, go to the Bluetooth settings on your device. Here you can see available devices and paired devices. IF there are paired devices related to the EMDR Kit, ‘forget’ all the parts related to the EMDR kit. On an Apple device you can do this by looking beneath ‘My devices’ and click on the Information symbol and then choose ‘Forget device’. On an android device, you can see paired devices. If there are paired devices related to the EMDR Kit, press on the settings icon and press on ‘Forget.
- Now, turn OFF Bluetooth and after waiting for 5 seconds, turn it on again.
- Start the app.
- Connect the light tube and the pulsators in the App by following the next steps:
- Press on the Connect menu in the top left corner.
- Press on choose light tube and connect the light tube by pressing on the available light tube. It should turn on now.
- Press on the menu again and connect both pulsators.
At what distance should my client be seated?
The light bar must be placed so that when the lamp is turned on, the client’s eyes move from side to side completely when following the light. It is useful to test the EMDR Kit yourself before you use it during therapy. Make sure that the eyes completely shift from left to right. In a seated position, this is around 50 cm (~1,6ft.) if you measure from the base of the light tube to your chest.
You can always discuss what works best with your client. Always pay attention to the eyes of your client and change the distance whenever it deems necessary.
How to install the app:
Connecting the Light Tube:
Connecting the Pulsators:
Connecting the Headphones:
How to use the Light Tube:
How to use the Pulsators:
How to use the Headphones:
Carrying bag video:
Only use the included adapters to charge the Light tube and the Headphone. Use the included voltage converter if you use an other wall mount than type F.
Light tube adapter specifications:
Input: 100-240V 50/60HZ 0.3A
Output: 12V 0.6A
Headphone adapter specifications:
Input:100-240V 50/60HZ 0.15A
Output: 5V 1000mA
Specifications Light tube: